Hello Ivan,

the way I solved this problem in a company I worked for previously is as
follows :

- do not have separate release builds and continuous integration builds

- decide in an ad-hoc way which build is going to be used as a release

- purge the builds which do not make it to a release

What we did is we were storing the artefacts in a WebDAV based repository.

At deployment time we would set WebDAV properties on the folder holding the
version being deployed.

Afterwards it is a matter of writing a program/script/build file which iterates
over all versions and removes the versions which never made it to PROD and are
older than 2 weeks

(adjust these rules to whatever is accepted by the community of your software
development project).

So by doing this you gain in not having to decide in advance which revision
will have all the blessings to go to PROD, and not having to maintain different
release and continuous integration build processes.

I find that maintaining separate build processes for the same software is an
anti-pattern.

Regards,

Antoine