Hi Sebastian,

There was an attempt at this in a PR recently, but it wasn't tested and as per the submitter there wasn't a clear understanding on how it works in certain cases. There's this JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1280 which is open for this task.

Given some other tasks, I'm not sure when I can get to this to investigate what it takes to get this done, but if someone else doesn't get to it before me, I'll take a look when time permits.

-Jaikiran