The project itself isn't dead. However, like Ivy itself, development has been slow the past couple of years. Ivy itself released a new version a few weeks back (2.5.0-rc1). I think we can release a IvyDE version too. I'll try and get a (RC) release out the next week or so.

As for that JIRA you mention, the problem probably isn't IvyDE and instead is Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 (based on the details I see in that JIRA's environment section). We have a JIRA for tracking the bug in Ivy (IVY-1580) and I'm working towards a fix for it.

-Jaikiran