On 7/30/2018 12:17 AM, Rob Gordon wrote:
> I have a project (https://github.com/robjg/arooa) that builds fine with Ivy
> 2.4.0 but doesn’t resolve the correct dependencies with the latest Ivy IDE
> download, which includes Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>
> The problem appears to be that logback-classic resolves the slf4j-api test
> dependencies, not those in the default configuration.
>
> If I use the retrieve task instead of the cachepath task the correct
> dependencies are found.
>
> It seems related to this problem reported on stack overflow:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51113989/why-is-logback-classic-not-downloading-slf4j-api-in-my-ivy-setup

I've been told that this is a bug in ivy 2.5.

See the IVYDE issue linked to that one for some comments where I
provided more detail:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-387

I found that if the ivy config in your project includes an explicit
dependency for an older version of the slf4j dependencies (1.7.24 or
earlier) then you can get it working.  Once the bug in ivy is fixed and
you can upgrade, you should be able to remove those explicit dependencies.

Thanks,
Shawn