Apreciados/das,

La "ELAG (European Library Automation Group) Conference" es la reunión
más importante de Europa sobre tecnologia y gestión de información
en las bibliotecas. Esta reunión pretende promover el intercambio de
impresiones sobre diferentes aspectos de la automatización de
bibliotecas y de ideas y experiencias. Los temas tratados son
basicamente técnicos y dirigidos a participantes con un conocimiento
técnico.

El Consorcio de Bibliotecas Universitarias de Cataluña, como miembro del
comité organizador del ELAG, quiere animaros a presertar propuestas
de ponencias para el siguiente encuentro de este grupo que tendrá lugar
en Helsinki el próximo Junio. Te invitamos a enviar una propuesta de
ponencia sobre el tema principal de esta año "Meeting New User
Expectations/Abordando las nuevas expectativas de los usuarios”.

Encontrarás más informació sobre ELAG, el tema y los sub-temas a
continuación:

Call for papers for the 34th ELAG conference, 9-11th June 2010,
“Meeting New User Expectations”Helsinki, Finland*

The *ELAG* (European Library Automation Group) Conference is Europe’s
premier conference for library and information management technology.
The meetings aim at in depth discussions of particular library
automation topics and at the promotion of informal exchange of ideas and
experience.
The topics covered are technical and meant for participants with an
appropriate technical background.

We invite you to submit a paper on this year’s main topic “Meeting New
User Expectations”.

You will find more information about ELAG, the topic and its sub-themes
below.

Information about the conference can be found at:
http://elag2010.nationallibrary.fi

The paper should be submitted fromhttp://indico.cern.ch/event/elag2010
Here you will also find more information about the Call for Papers.

*How to submit a paper*
1) Go tohttp://indico.cern.ch/event/elag2010
2) Press: /login/, and create your user account
3) Choose /Call for abstracts/, and then /Submit a new abstract/

The papers will be reviewed by the ELAG 2010 Programme Committee,
http://elag2010.nationallibrary.fi/about/programme-committee/  .

The abstract submitted should not be longer than one A4 page.

The deadline is February 15^th 2010.

If you have any questions concerning the Call for papers, please contact
one of the co-chairs of the programme committee:

Kristin Olofsson,kristin.olofs...@kb.se

Roy Gundersen,roy.gunder...@bibsys.no

**Meeting New User Expectations**

Users’ perspective on information retrieval is largely shaped by web
experiences. Accordingly libraries are feeling pressure to adapt their
services in line with new user expectations. Bibliographic databases are
no exception to this and users expect them to come up with the most
relevant information on the first page of a search result. Thus the
challenge for use is “How can we make relevance ranking work in
bibliographic databases?”

Search engines and web experiences have led users expect to get to a
resource instantaneously. How do we fulfil this need when large parts of
our services are still based around paper material? In a new style
library catalogue, users do not expect to find just journal titles, but
also expect articles within these journals to be found. What strategies
do libraries use to fulfil this wish? As well, Library catalogue records
are now harvested by Google and other search engines. Are we able to
expose our meta-data to these engines for useful re use and cross
referencing? Are we able to expose the richness of our bibliographic
databases to the web using semantic web technologies like linked data?
Are we ready for the E-book readers? What do libraries do to archive our
E-memory? Are our new discovery interfaces understood by our users? Do
we know our users?

**Sub themes of the conference**

These can be found here:
http://elag2010.nationallibrary.fi/conference/sub-themes/

*Pre-conference*
There will be a pre-conference meeting of one day, unconference style,
on "Using Solr to index your bibliographic data". This will be held on
the 8th June 2010. More information will be available later at the
websitehttp://elag2010.nationallibrary.fi/

*About ELAG*

Further information can be found here:
http://elag2010.nationallibrary.fi/about/elag/

--
Lluís Ma. Anglada i de Ferrer
Director del Consorci de Biblioteques Universitàries de Catalunya

langl...@cbuc.cat
http://www.cbuc.cat/

Los artculos de IWETEL son distribuidos gracias al apoyo y colaboracin tcnica de RedIRIS - Red Acadmica espaola - (http://www.rediris.es)

Responder a