Dear Selves,

Yoga means Unity, and in that sense, it expresses 'the whole'
The Whole is 'everything' and not everything less one part, in this case
the competitions.

The mind, because of its intrinsic dual way of functioning, has a hard
time accepting the unity.

Just as a technique can be energizing when practiced in the morning and
relaxing when practiced at night, it is 'yogi' to compete as it is to
cooperate.

You might not like or agree with competitions, yet it is a healthy yogi
excercise to learn to accept them and either move away from them or
towards them depending on what 'you' consider best.

Even though it might seem purposeless to dedicate time to this matters, it
is very important when, for example, at times of disgrace, we tent to
belief that God or the Unity is not there. Yes, God is present in a
fantastic sunset as he/she is in the strength of an earthquake... Think
about how many people loose faith in the face of personal disaster or
death and then this lack of faith becomes the problem...!

Also, 'Yoga Competitions' are only 'asana and a little bit more
competitions', how could you measure a practitioners' degree of
enlightenment or swadyaya and, then, much less compare it with that of
another being...?
Also, how would the number of your present re-incarnation influence
judges' ratings...?

I'm sure some of these questions will move us to laughter, yet it is up to
'a good yogi' to just accept duality, and embrace both altruism and
competition as part of Creation, and deal with it!!

In Love and Service.

Antonio.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/ktVolB/TM