Hi all,

i am now writing my master thesis and have a question about SAX:

I am trying to find the group information (sequence, choice and all) by
SAX-Parsing of a xml instance, which has been defined in the XML Schema.

for example, this is the schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
   <xs:element name="persons">
       <xs:complexType>
           <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
               <xs:element name="name" type="xs:string" />
               <xs:element name="birthday" type="xs:date" minOccurs="0"/>
           </xs:sequence>
       </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

and this is its instance:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persons>
   <name>Schulz</name>
   <birthday>1970-04-15</birthday>
   <name>Ferner</name>
   <name>Lee</name>
   <birthday>1981-08-15</birthday>
</persons>

i want to find out by sax-parsing, that Schulz and 1970-04-15 are the
attributes of the first person, the second person has the name Ferner, and
the last two elements are the attributes of the third person.

Is there a standard solution for this problem? Actually the validator of the
SAX Parser does have the same problem. By validating of a XML document
relating to his schema the sax-based validator must also find the group
information. How does it work?

I researched seveval literatures, but didn't find any solutions. They just
say, that the SAX Parser has also the possibility to validate a doument and
how i can start the validater and how can i handle the validating errors.
The internal functionality of the validater is unknown.

I don't want to validate the whole document, but just to find the group
information. So i want to know, if there has been already a solution for it?
If yes, can anyone tell me, how it works or give me some sources to
research?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!

Di