Vasu,

Those structures get cleaned up as nodes are created when you walk the DOM.
Anything remaining in the arrays are for nodes which haven't been built yet
but might be in the future. Every node has a pointer back to its owner
Document, so if you want this object to be garbage collected you need to
drop all of your references to the nodes in the tree.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab