Hi Chad,

Chad La Joie <laj...@itumi.biz> wrote on 06/21/2010 10:18:58 AM:

> Let me preface this by saying that to my understanding Xerces-J and
> Xalan-J now share a common LSSerializer implementations and that this
> implementation is held and maintained by Xalan.

That's correct.

> If that's not true let
> me know and I'll got bug the Xerces people instead. :)
>
> The LSSerializer implementation is emitting unnecessary xmlns:xml
> declarations.  We have run in to cases where code receiving XML with
> such declarations break.  Clearly this is a problem with their code, but
> I have no power over them to make them fix it.

If you're in dire straits you could always use Xerces' deprecated
LSSerializer instead. It will be picked up automatically by Xerces if you
remove serializer.jar from your classpath. Alternatively you could
instantiate the old serializer directly: Class.forName("
org.apache.xml.serialize.DOMSerializerImpl").newInstance() and cast that to
an LSSerializer.

> Since the xmlns:xml decl is unnecessary would it be possible to add a
> config options, like
> 'http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#parameter-namespaces',
> that would make the LSSerializer not emit the xml namespace delc?
>
> I also see an issue discussing this was submitted some time ago:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2409
>
> --
> Chad La Joie
> http://itumi.biz