On 3/4/15, 6:23 PM, "Michael Glavassevich" <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>-1. XXE is not a vulnerability in the parser. It may be a vulnerability
>for an application/product, but that is the developer's responsibility to
>apply proper configuration to protect themselves in the right context.

The issue is a trade-off between the time to do a release and the value of
changing a default. It's not a vulnerability and nobody said it was.

If you want to claim that the other vulnerability is in fact not a
vulnerability, then that would be new and valuable information to me,
which is why I asked about it again in this thread.

-- Scott