+1. If it's not in Maven, it is not easily usable...

Gary

From: Bernd Eckenfels [mailto:e...@zusammenkunft.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 05:13
To: j-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Apache Xerces-J 2.12.0 now available

Hello,

Can this process be changed? What is not on central does virtually not exist
and the ASF should have a interest in a clean Apache group repo. The official
ASF repo is automatically synced to maven central, so it just needs publishing
to the nexus repo. This is especially easy as it allows staging so it is also
good for the review process.

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Yes binaries are not officially part of an ASF release even though they are
effectively the main thing (our) users need. Allowing community without a fixed
process in this critical part of the software chain looks dangerous to me.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net