On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:36 PM Eric J. Schwarzenbach <
eric.schwarzenb...@wrycan.com> wrote:

> Thank you. It seems as though this information should be provided on this
> page, as well as on the downloads page. I'd like to post a bug about this

Please feel free, to create a bug report about this. I personally, support
the documentation change you've proposed.

> I see your name all over the schema 1.1 issues, Mukul, and I'd like to
> thank you for all the work you've done to get Schema support in xerces-j to
> what it is.

Thanks. There are many more people, who've contributed to Xerces-J's XML
Schema 1.1 implementation :)

> "regular" xerces impl is quite happy to validate XML files referencing 1.1
> schemas

By "regular" xerces impl, do you mean, the following download entries
visible on Xerces download page?
Xerces2 Java 2.12.1 - tar.gz [PGP] [SHA]
Xerces2 Java 2.12.1 - zip [PGP] [SHA]

> The way I am invoking validation here, is (for convenience) via one of the
> xercesSamples classes. Essentially I'm calling
>
> java -cp
> .:./lib/xml-apis-1.4.01.jar:./lib/xercesImpl-2.12.1.jar:./lib/xercesSamples-2.12.1.jar
> sax.Counter -np -n -v -s "$1"

I think that, the Xerces-J sample sax.Counter only supports XML Schema 1.0
validation at the moment. Can you please, try using the Xerces-J
sample jaxp.SourceValidator to run XML Schema 1.1 validation, and let us
know if you experience same issues?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi