Hi Martin,

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 2:23 AM Martin Honnen <martin.hon...@gmx.de> wrote:

> I am trying to use the online validator
> https://www.softwarebytes.org/xmlvalidation/ to perform XSD 1.1
> validation with Xerces but on a certain schema I only get a 404 when
> submitting the form; here is the instance XML
>
> <root>
>    <value>axyughji</value>
>    <value>axgh</value>
>    <value>agh</value>
>    <value>h</value>
>    <value>agHXU</value>
>    <value>axXgh</value>
>    <value>axxhu</value>
>    <value>AXYUGHJIA</value>
>    <value>ATXYUGHM</value>
> </root>
>
> and here is the schema:
>
> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
>
>    <xs:element name="root">
>      <xs:complexType>
>        <xs:sequence>
>          <xs:element name="value" type="value-type" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>        </xs:sequence>
>      </xs:complexType>
>    </xs:element>
>
>    <xs:simpleType name="value-type">
>      <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
>          <xs:minLength value="0"/>
>          <xs:maxLength value="8"/>
>          <xs:assertion test="matches($value, '^[axyughji]{0,8}$', 'i')
> and count(distinct-values(string-to-codepoints(lower-case($value)))) eq
> string-length($value)"/>
>      </xs:restriction>
>    </xs:simpleType>
>
> </xs:schema>
>
> What do you think, is that a bug in the validator form, in the
> underlying Xerces parser or in my schema (runs fine through Saxon EE
> though)?

The above mentioned, XML Schema 1.1 validation is running fine from
XercesJ command line.

After bit of testing with, your XML Schema 1.1 validation use case as
mentioned above, I'm able to say that the use of XPath 2.0 function
string-to-codepoints within xs:assertion is most likely causing an
issue while using the site
https://www.softwarebytes.org/xmlvalidation/.

I'm still, not able to find how to solve this issue. I'll try to solve
this. But that may take little bit of time.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi