-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Unfortunately I didn't read the READMEs close enough, and so I didn't
keep the tarball from my working installation of jabberd2. But we're
going to be changing servers, and so I thought this an excellent time
to upgrade.

  Read the upgrade advice, something about the vcard table, and even
advising a dump/reload of the data, alright that sounds good.

  But the new DB is empty. Or, at least the important part is --
the authreg table. Let me show you a record from the 2.0s10 DB:

 > INSERT INTO authreg VALUES ('jshipman', 'mordor.fvrl.org',
 > 'password', '4345AB7D', 500,
 > '4b2396ec9f4aa4328ebf9e2ca8b5094cceb29e0e', 'Jad Shipman',
 > 'Computer Services');

  The last two fields, realname (text) & "location" (varchar(32))
don't seem to have any equivalent in the new schema. Also, in order
to hand-import the data, I have to trim two characters off the
"hash varchar(40)" field into 38 characters.

  Do I have to beg someone for a 2.0s10 file since I didn't keep mine?
Is there a technique for this kind of schema-shuffling I don't know
about? Why, when both say they're varchar(40) does it not let me
import the old data as-dumped?

  Can anybody help me?

Jad, the jabber guy for the library in WA state near OR state

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.0.2

iQA/AwUBRh2N6dRPHc/RSQHbEQJL8wCcCM4Y99xS+Q4JTLewb443oGCL8dYAoMxG
LOyaWSTvumhsMckhEfICWngm
=PtFQ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
jabberd2 mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to