-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I have a working 2.1.6 installation, but thought it best to keep up
with the upgrades, and so have tried to move to the latest, 2.1.10;
it compiles fine, and once I redid the vCard table (wow! a lot more
columns! when did that happen?) nothing crashed.

  But I couldn't connect initially except from the local machine --
I think I got ahold of what change needed to happen there, or maybe I
imagined it -- but exodus kicks me out, nonetheless and even with
debugging turned on, nothing unusual shows up.

  Except the postgresql log grows when I would try to connect, by two
lines:

 > ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe05107
 > ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe05107

  I have seen other sequences during this attempt (b1 & 107) but they
seemed to stop coming back during some of my other tweaking -- but
these remain, and I cannot connect :-O

  since the working 216 is using cyrus sasl I initially used that,
but thought that since I had the server down now would be a time to
move to much-lauded gsasl -- but alas no change.

  I'm afraid I don't even know what questions to ask at this time.
Was this covered in the recently dealt-with ^J^M ticket? What detail
of the UPGRADE tips am I misreading / skipping ?

    TIA,
        Jad Shipman, FVRL's IT dept


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 8.0.2

iQA/AwUBRqj+FtRPHc/RSQHbEQJWBgCghO9awEv/o1ZU4MMpkzV4rcS60IoAn2kA
ToLaa40MuXOpQO1u5mMDnGTr
=LjTw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Jabberd2 mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to