Dnia 02-11-2007, Pt o godzinie 17:07 +0200, Giorgos Logiotatidis pisze:
> I am developing a jabber component and I would like to know whether I
> should take care about roster storage of jids connecting though my
> component or jabberd manages these rosters also.

You really need to store it internally, if you want the component to be
usable by users of other than local servers.
You will not get access to their rosters.

This was the case for JIT transport. First it used internal jabberd
roster (being internal component it had access to it), but when going
public, people demanded access from remote servers, so the author needed
to add internal roster handling.

> If I have to do it, is there an official / good code way to do it?

Jabberd 2 does not currently have a way of accessing users rosters.

I am thinking about extending the component protocol, to enable
components access to users rosters:
http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/wiki/ComponentProtocol (Enchancements
section), but I got virtually zero feedback for the proposal, so I
concluded, that there is no interest in it really, and moved to
implementing other features.

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^'  Xiaoka.com