On Pt, 2007-12-21 at 13:44 -0800, Jad Shipman wrote:
>   So my first question, is: the only thing hitting the database are
> c2s and sm, right? so if resolver can't talk to router, it's not a
> DB problem, correct?

Correct.


>   Any thoughts as to how I can upgrade?

I still cannot get my hands on the live issue.
The problems I've seen already was related to Cyrus SASL library. Most
distributions have it heavily customized for their needs, and it fails
to work as a standalone non-system integrated backend.
This is the main reason, I decided to switch to GnuSASL.
There are reports of this bug with GnuSASL library used, but I did not
see one live.


>   And since I'm writing to you guys anyway, I may as well ask now
> about LDAP: can the latest & greatest be configured to pass
> authentication off to a windows (active directory) server? If so,
> does anybody do that and care to pass along tips?

The LDAP backend did work with Active Directory backend.
You just need to put the correct LDAP fields in the config files
(Windows uses different fields than typical unix installation).

I've recently merged the new 'ldapfull' backend that was developed
against Active Directory - it should work even better.


> PS: "had change" is incorrect grammar, and bugs me not so slightly
>      "what changed" would work tho. Err ... yeah, thanks. :-)

Could you point the file that needs correction?



-- 
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^'  Xiaoka.com
._.(_.)_  XMPP: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Jabberd2 mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to