On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 08:52:23 -0500
"Efren Bravo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I've a freeBSD6.2 with jabberd 2.1.18 and mysql (client and server) 
> 5.0.45_1.
> 
> First time I installed it, the router started to disconnect
> continually, writing the message into the logs:
> Thu Dec  6 09:17:18 2007 [notice] [127.0.0.1, port=62581] error: XML
> parse error (not well-formed (invalid token))
> 
> Searching on Internet I found some people with  the same problem, the 
> solution was to check the character set of the mySQL. I stopped the
> mySQL, changed all variables to utf8 and started it again, also
> checked the character set of every table and only the vcard had
> latin1, so changed it to utf8.
> 
> Now, I've achieved that the jabberd works ok while it has connected
> users. The next day (without connected users), when, they try to make
> their connections, they cann't and in the router logs appears the
> same error message (XML parse ...). The error has the datetime of the
> first connection intent.
> 
> What else can I check in jabberd?
> 
> Thanks in advance.... 
Did you set "default-character-set = utf8" in either the [client] or
the [jabberd] section of your MySQL config? That's what fixed it for
me. See http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/ticket/177.

Regards,
harry

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Jabberd2 mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to