I am a higher-education sysadmin who has found an internal jabberd2 instance to be an invaluable tool for my department's staff, faculty, and students. Like jabber admins in industry who are bound by legalese such as Sarbanes-Oxley, our instance is not immune from legal inquiry. But this is only because jd2 is storing the data. Upon consultation with TPTB, they advise that it can become more immune to things like subpoenas by having the instance know as little as it needs to. ;)

I am seeking to make our instance as fire-and-forget as it can be. Access logs are a keen item to keep around for troubleshooting access and connectivity issues in userland. However, I want to keep jd2 from storing server-side contact lists, offline messages, message/muc logs, et al.

Is this doable in jabberd2? Natively? If not, has anyone put work into developing their own patches for this purpose?

Let me know.  Thanks.

--
Nick Silkey | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Operating Systems Specialist
Electrical & Computer Engineering
The University of Texas at Austin
ENS 340 | 512.475.8284 | 0x35EB31E2


--
To unsubscribe send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to