[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Are pidgin and kopete configured to use the same port? If so, are they
both configured with the same STARTTLS/"old" SSL settings?

I'm only doing non-ssl connections for now (until I get it to work). They're all set to use port 5222. I did some more testing and Kopete is the ONLY client that will connect.

Won't connect:
Pidgin
Mirana
Jabbim

Will connect:
Kopete

I did find this in the log files:

Apr 9 12:03:38 snikt jabberd/c2s[17689]: [9] legacy authentication succeeded: host=test.perturb.org, username=test2, resource=Kopete Apr 9 12:17:36 snikt jabberd/c2s[17689]: [9] legacy authentication succeeded: host=test.perturb.org, username=test2, resource=Kopete

Notice it says "legacy authentication." I'm not sure what the is, but I'm wondering if somehow Kopete is just using some older login method?

I have some network captures if it would help?

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253

--
To unsubscribe send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to