Hi,

I tried several authentication scenarios with jabberd 2.2.4 (+gsasl 0.2.29) and found that there seems to be a conflict between digest- md5 and gssapi. I tried

- gssapi + plain (with "ldapfull" and "PAM"), which works
- digest-md5 + plain with "ldapfull", which works too.

Any combination of of gssapi + digest-md5 however causes authentication to fail with either mechanism. One of the clients (Adium) reported it had received a malformed challenge.

My suspicion is that both mechanisms trash each others idea of the authentication realm, but that is not very deeply founded.

Any idea what to try or look at next ?

Ciao
  Andi