Hi,

I'm looking to communicate with my website visitors in real time. Ideally if they send me a message it will appear in my jabber client. I have thought of a way to construct a 'naive' version:

- Use a BOSH connection manager (like Punjab) and a JS library (like Strophe) - Use a single JID for all visitors, say 'webu...@mydomain.com' but have a different resource for each visitor - In the JID buddy list for webu...@mydomain.com, have my personal JID added. So when a user sends me a message, it is sent to my usual client. Because each webuser has a unique resource, sending back to the same user is handled fine.

In order for this to happen, the JS front end would need the password for webu...@mydomain.com. This is why I call this the 'naive' method. With this password a malicious user can log in using a standard client, remove me from it's buddy list, or add others to its buddy list, change the password, etc...

Is there a better way than this naive version that avoids giving visitors a method to 'mess up' the 'webuser' account?

Michal.