Chris,

I know from the debian package page that they are looking for a new
maintainer...I am not familiar enough on how to maintain a site, but
woudl you be interested in maintaining it?
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/jabberd2

It is being considered for deployment with mayfirst.org but preference
is for the package to be in the debian repos

Stephen