On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 3:03 AM, JonyD <joaondi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I will repost the question I did in stackoverflow (
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38797189/how-to-
> access-typeresolutioncontext-in-jackson-2-8-1).
>

> I am upgrading jackson library in a java project from version 2.4.6 to the
> latest version (2.8.1). The following AnnotatedField method requires now a
> new parameter of type TypeResolutionContext
>
> // v2.4.6AnnotatedField(Field field, AnnotationMap annMap)
> // v2.8.1AnnotatedField(TypeResolutionContext contextClass, Field field,
> AnnotationMap annMap)
>
> I read the API (https://fasterxml.github.io/jackson-databind/javadoc/2.8/
> com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/introspect/TypeResolutionContext.html) but
> can't find how to get this TypeResolutionContext.
>
> Only 2 classes implement this TypeResolutionContext (AnnotatedClass and
> TypeResolutionContext.Basic) but none of them seem to have suitable
> accessor methods that return a TypeResolutionContext.
>

> Anyone knows how can I get it?

This class is not intended to be instantiate by code outside of Jackson
itself, so there should be no need to pass that. It is something Jackson
would provide.

So I think the question is rather if there is a way to do whatever you are
trying to achieve without trying to construct an AnnotatedField instance.

-+ Tatu +-