How can I completely disable the Jersey and Jackson code which registers the
following classes, and register a custom implementation instead?

org.glassfish.jersey.jackson.internal.JacksonAutoDiscoverable
com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.json.JacksonJaxbJsonProvider
com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.json.JacksonJaxbJsonProvider

Every method I have found is broken and doesn't seem to work.

This is the closest I got so far and it still didn't work:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18872931/custom-objectmapper-with-jersey-2-2-and-jackson-2-1

Matthew.