I have an unique requirement. I have a type and I need to determine
generically if any object of that type can be serialized into a value or
not depending which module is registered in the objectmapper.

The code will work as follows:

public boolean canConvertValue(Class<?> type) {  /* code goes here */ }

// result
canConvertValue(SomeType.class) = false
canConvertValue(String.class) = true
canConvertValue(LocalDateTime.class) = false  // when JavaTimeModule is not
registered
canConvertValue(LocalDateTime.class) = true   // when JavaTimeModule is
registered

How do I implement canConvertValue using jackson? Or is that impossible?

Thanks,
Anindya Chatterjee