Thanks, I filed a ticket here
<https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-module-scala/issues/445>, PJ is
helping me out!  One other thing I noticed was that a Map we had previously
been deserializing as a null is now being deserialized as an empty Map when
it's not specified in the JSON.  Is that expected?  I think it's a nicer
behavior, so I'm on board, but I didn't see that in the release notes, so I
wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug.