Hello, currently I have a byte[] coming in that looks like
{
       field1: value1 // could be any type
       field2: "value2"
       field3: smt_else
}
where both the field names and the value types are dynamic (they are
response from a database).

I have a set of all the field names (called names). Currently I'm using
both JsonGenerator and JsonParser like so

while (jParser.nextToken() != JsonToken.END_OBJECT) {
          String dataFieldName = jParser.getCurrentName();
          if (names.contains(dataFieldName)) {
               jParser.nextToken();
               jsonGenerator.writeStringField(dataFieldName,
jParser.getText());
          }
}

This works fine but my generated json object's field values are all
Strings. I was wondering if there's a jsonGenerator.writeObject or a
jParser.getObject that will automatically pick up on what types it should
be reading or writing? I know there's already a writeObject and readObject
but those are more for POJO classes which won't work for due to the dynamic
nature of my response.