On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 2:11 PM Ron Karim <ron.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Due to a Corporate Security warning at Oracle Corp we will need to download
> the following  micropatches for the our existing system using
> jackson_databind 2.12.7.
>
> (#3582 and #3590 -  jackson-databind 2.12.7.1 (12-Oct-2022) -- with
> jackson-bom version 2.12.7.20221012
>
> Are there any instructions how we can download these micro-patches to our
> existing components using jackson_databind 2.12.7.1 ?  Our corporate builds
> for this component do not use maven.
>
> Do we also just add the jars from the micropatches to the existing databind
> 2..12.7 patch ? Or replace the jackson_databind ciompletely with these files ?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron (Oracle Corporation),

Hi there!

So, micro-patches are regular jars available via Maven Central, so
jackson-databind 2.12.7.1 would replace jackson-databind  2.12.7.
They are not diffs or anything like that.

The difference is in micro-patch versions only being released for a
subset of all Jackson components: so whereas there is version 2.12.6
released for all FasterXML Jackson core components (about 20+ jars),
there is 2.12.7.1 release of just 1 or 2 components (typically
jackson-databind, and sometimes jackson-core),

I hope this helps,

-+ Tatu +-