Hello,

I am using Jacoco for coverage reports in mixed Java with Kotlin projects
and most of the time it is working well. In one case I am facing an issue
of getting an error when a Kotlin file is analyzed.

I have a maven project with Jacoco Plugin and Coverall Plugin and while
Jacoco reports are fine, the Coverall plugin has an issue using Jacoco to
gather information:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:4.1.0:report (default-cli) on
project BinaryDataParser: Build error: Line number 91 is greater than the
source file bdp-processor/src/main/java/org/ak80/bdp/MappedClass.kt size ->
[Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:4.1.0:report (default-cli)
on project BinaryDataParser: Build error
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Build error
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.CoverallsReportMojo.execute(CoverallsReportMojo.java:251)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
        ... 20 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Line number 91 is greater
than the source file
bdp-processor/src/main/java/org/ak80/bdp/MappedClass.kt size
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.domain.Source.addCoverage(Source.java:92)
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.parser.JaCoCoParser.onEvent(JaCoCoParser.java:61)
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.parser.AbstractXmlEventParser.parse(AbstractXmlEventParser.java:64)
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.CoverallsReportMojo.writeCoveralls(CoverallsReportMojo.java:366)
        at
org.eluder.coveralls.maven.plugin.CoverallsReportMojo.execute(CoverallsReportMojo.java:240)
        ... 22 more

I anyone able to help me solve this please?

with regards
Alex