I'm a big fan of the code coverage reports at codecov.io and understand
that is built with jacoco, which is awesome - thank you!

I tried jacoco for the first time in a Kotlin/Java8 project that has lots
of default methods in interfaces, generics, and lambdas.  It doesn't seem
to produce any report.  I'm guessing it chokes on the very first class file
it finds because it's so quick, but I really don't know.  jacoco.csv and
.xml are both 0 bytes and the only files (besides the jacoco-resources
folder) in the target/site/jacoco folder.

I tried this:

$ mvn clean test jacoco:report
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.jacoco:jacoco-maven-plugin:0.8.1:report
(default-cli) on project MyProject: An error has occurred in JaCoCo report
generation. Error while creating report: Error while analyzing
myProject/target/classes/something/SomeClass.class. 302 -> [Help 1]

With this in my maven pom.xml file:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.jacoco</groupId>
<artifactId>jacoco-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>0.8.1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>