Is there some sample code that uses the JaCoCo API to copy an exec from one
file to another?

I'd like to use this as a starting to create a filtering mechanism.

      java -jar mycool.jar strip oldfile.ec newfile.ec  'android.*'
'com.facebook.*'   'com.some.package.name'

Here's some pseudo code:

   - create an empty output file
   - read exec file, package by package
      - if a particular package is in an exclude list, skip
      - otherwise write the package to the output file

At the end of it, the new output file will be usable to generate a report
using the normal existing command line.

I'm starting to look through the API Usage Examples
https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/api.html but so far nothing jumps
out...

Some sample code will make the ramp up time much quicker.

TIA!

John