> On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:17 PM <joel.costigli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm the lead developer of AssertJ Core and I could use a bit of help
>> trying to identify why jacoco is missing the execution data file.
>> It is likely something misconfigured but I can't put my finger on it.

Hi Joel,

You have following configuration of maven-surefire-plugin (
https://github.com/joel-costigliola/assertj-core/blob/e5bdf79013895ffa3f94b090d4598912c4fccd42/pom.xml#L230-L235
 )

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <argLine>${argLine}</argLine>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

whereas according to documentation of jacoco-maven-plugin goal
prepare-agent (
https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/prepare-agent-mojo.html )
either argLine should be specified only as a property and not in
configuration,
or syntax for late property evaluation (
http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/faq.html#late-property-evaluation
 )
should be used.

Removal of argLine from configuration won't work, because it is also
specified in parent pom (
https://github.com/joel-costigliola/assertj-maven-parent-pom/blob/assertj-parent-pom-2.2.6/pom.xml#L376

) and therefore will be inherited - you can check this using
help:effective-pom

According to my experiments for your project, use of late property
evaluation works perfectly:

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <argLine>@{argLine}</argLine>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

BTW nice to see that AssertJ uses JaCoCo! I added it to page
https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/wiki/Projects-that-use-JaCoCo

Regards,
Evgeny