Hi All,

I used the jacoco agent(jar v0.8.4)  in an application server to get the
functional test coverage. This application code already had the jacoco
maven plugin configured (in pom.xml  v0.8.1) to measure the unit testing
coverage. The .exec file which was dumped using the agent didn't had any
stats so I removed the maven plugin configuration , redeployed the
application and then new .exec file was showing the coverage stats.

This is the command I used to bind the agent,
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-javaagent:/home/user/lib/jacocoagent.jar=address=*,port=xxxx,destfile=/home/user/jacoco-it.exec,append=true,output=tcpserver"

can this be happened due to different jacoco versions and any idea on how
to implement both methods?