On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 3:58:40 PM UTC+1, fschulte.de.w...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Dear Evgeny,,
>
> this is working and I get coverage data, thanks!
>
> Now I need a hint on re-deploy of my instrumented war file. In either case
> jmx or tcpserver the resource is still bound and fails the deploy because
> of this.
>
> How can I instruct jacoco to execute the "shutdown()" method for jmx or
> tcpserver output mode?
>
> Or is there any other way? A Java Listener that reacts on undeploy to call
> this shutdown() method?
>
> Today I need to restart the complete j2ee server to accomplish a second
> deploy.

Such "shutdown" method is not exposed as JaCoCo API as you can see in the
documentation at https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/api/index.html

However using reflection in implementation of your listener you can do the
following:

    Object agent = org.jacoco.agent.rt.RT.getAgent();
    Method shutdownMethod = agent.getClass().getDeclaredMethod("shutdown");
    shutdownMethod.invoke(agent);

But I'm not sure that this will be enough, because JaCoCo also registers
JVM shutdown hook.
You can try the following modification
https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/compare/master...Godin:experiment_with_disabled_shutdown_hook
Using the following unofficial build