On 2016-10-10 08:22, Dan Zach wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 October 2016 20:34:59 UTC+3, Jan Kiszka  wrote:

>>> - This is the original L4T device tree. It just doesnt have /cpus entry
>>> - CONFIG_ARM_PSCI is not set and CONFIG_ARM_PSCI_FW doesn't exist
>>>

>> CONFIG_ARM_PSCI must be turned on, CONFIG_ARM_PSCI_FW was indeed
>> introduced only in 4.3.
>>
>> Jan
>
> With CONFIG_ARM_PSCI, the kernel will boot *only* if bootm_boot_mode is set
> to nonsec, which shows it took some effect at least.
> Unfortunately the result is the same:
> CPU0 - HYP mode
> CPUs 1,2,3 - failed to come online...
>
> 1. My assumption is - if CPU0 could boot to HYP, there is no fundamental
> barrier for other CPUs to do so, makes sense? Appreciate any hint how to dig
> it further

HYP-wise, no. But the challenge is now getting PSCI / CPU powering to work.

> 2. Whet it boots all the way to graphical IDE, it gets stuck , can it be
> because CPU_IDLE is still on?

Try it out.

But, before possibly wasting too much time on this path: Also try to
reach out to the NVIDIA folks doing the TK1 and TX1 upstreaming. Maybe
they can tell you more about if you actually need that old kernel and/or
why it is not working in combination with virtualization.

Jan