Hi Peng,

> Hi Claudio,
>
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 09:40:29AM +0100, Claudio Scordino wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >thanks to the patch by Peng Fan I have been able of successfully enable
> >Jailhouse and create a cell.
> >
> >However, the gic-demo does not work properly (i.e. it does not fire).
> >It could be some misconfiguration of the GIC.
> >The dts entry says:
> >
> >        interrupt-controller@38800000 {
> >                compatible = "arm,gic-v3";
> >                reg = <0x0 0x38800000 0x0 0x10000 0x0 0x38880000 0x0
> 0xc0000
> >0x0 0x30340000    0x0 0x10000>;
> >                #interrupt-cells = <0x3>;
> >                interrupt-controller;
> >                interrupts = <0x1 0x9 0x4>;
> >                interrupt-parent = <0xa>;
> >                linux,phandle = <0xa>;
> >                phandle = <0xa>;
> >        };
> >

> >The board is the MCIMX8M-EVK (https://www.nxp.com/support/
> developer-resources/
> >run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/
> >evaluation-kit-for-the-i.mx-8m-applications-processor:MCIMX8M-EVK).
> >The SoC is an i.MX 8MQuad (i.e. Cortex-A53).
> >The reference manual (available here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/
> >reference-manual/IMX8MDQLQRM.pdf) mentions a GICv3/v4, without providing
> much
> >information.
> >
> >Attached the configs of the cells and the dts.
>
> I just bringup jailhouse and gic-demo on my i.MX8MQ EVK board.
> Code has been pushed to https://github.com/MrVan/jailhouse/tree/imx8mq-evk
> You may give a look and see if there is something wrong configured in your
> side.
> I did not try other demo, only gic-demo tested.

Thank you so much.
So my problem turned out to be:

+/*
+ * Note: The GICR_V3_BASE needs to be CPU0/1/2/3 specific
+ * If the gic-demo use CPU2, then the GICR_V3_BASE needs to be CPU3 GICR
+ * Address is 0x38880000 + x * 2 * 64K
+ */
+#define GICR_V3_BASE   ((void *)0x388e0000)    /* CPU 3 */

The rest of the code was almost identical.

@Jan: should we put the GICR_V3_BASE field inside the cell config file, as
it is cpu-dependent ?

@Peng: I think you should split the commits and post the patches for
upstreaming...

> Also would you mind share more information that what are you going to
> achieve or solve what problem with jailhouse and your rtos?

Well, the general idea is a mixed-criticality system, with the RTOS
handling safet-critical tasks and Linux the non-critical tasks.
We plan to show the demo a the next Embedded World.
I'll give you more details (and the location of the source code of the
RTOS) by the next week.

Many thanks and best regards,

                Claudio