On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@siemens.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > <mailto:jan.kis...@siemens.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 2018-02-13 08:19, bharat gohil wrote:
> >     > Hi Jan,
> >     >
> >     > I tried your second method to bringdown core and check but result
> are same,
> >     >
> >     > #cat /proc/cpuinfo
> >     > processor       : 0
> >     > BogoMIPS        : 26.00
> >     > Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
> >     > CPU implementer : 0x41
> >     > CPU architecture: 8
> >     > CPU variant     : 0x0
> >     > CPU part        : 0xd04
> >     > CPU revision    : 1
> >     >
> >     > #jailhouse enable XXXXX.cell
> >     >
> >     > Initializing Jailhouse hypervisor v0.8 (9-g5eec601-dirty) on CPU 0
> >     > Code location: 0x0000ffffc0200060
> >     > Page pool usage after early setup: mem 57/16356, remap 16/131072
> >     > Initializing processors:
> >     >  CPU 0... OK
> >     > Adding virtual PCI device 00:00.0 to cell "XXXXX"
> >     > Page pool usage after late setup: mem 62/16356, remap 21/131072
> >     > Activating hypervisor
> >
> >     A lock-up, no more invalid access reports?
> >
> >    There is no output and system hangs after "Activating hypervisor"
> >

> >     What is core 0? What are cores 1 and 2? What happens when you use
> those
> >     cores only?
> >
> >   Core 0 = A35
> >   Core 1 = A35
> >   Core 2 = A72
> >   In above output i had bringdown Core 1(A35) and Core 2(A72) and Core
> > 0(A35) is online and i have modified root cell config to  .cpus = {
> > 0x1,} which Core 0(A35),
> >

> I see. I suppose the A72 will not behave differently, but I would
> quickly check that as well.
>

> >     Make sure to analyze the issue systematically. We see a problem now
> that
> >     has a non-obvious cause.
> >
> >    Yes.agree.
> >    To bringup Xen on this platform, I had done some modification in Xen.
> > Let me debug issue in this context as well.
> >

> Good to know, then there is hope.
>
> My current understanding of the situation is:
> - we get an IABT on executing the first guest instruction after enabling
>   Jailhouse
> - that IABT means "page fault during stage-2 translation"
> - the page table is created to contain 1:1 mapping for the faulting
>   address to RAM with read/write/execute permissions
>
> And that may mean:
> - the CPU does not like the page table entry for some reason
> - the CPU has a problem with the page table hierarchy format in general
> - the root pointer is not correct when entering EL1
> - there are other reasons that stage-2 faults that could cause this
>   abort (would contradict the ARM manual in my eyes)
>
>      Yes. In addition to that I had also observed in OrangePi PC2, when
jailhouse hit address which is belong to secure world then jailhouse hang
and no output on console. After adjusting AFT address(in cell
configuration), OrangePi PC2 start working well.
     Let me debug/analyze problem more deeply and then I will get back.

> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE

Thank you,
Bharat Gohil
Sr.Software Engineer
bharat.go...@harman.com