On 18.10.18 16:03, Ralf Ramsauer wrote:

On 10/18/18 3:59 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 18.10.18 15:50, Ralf Ramsauer wrote:
From: Ralf Ramsauer <r...@vmexit.de>

From: Ralf Ramsauer <ralf.ramsa...@oth-regensburg.de>

wrote that patch on my private machine and forgot to set the correct
email...

Statistics on ARM currently has some imbalances: the total number of
exits doesn't equal the sum of the fine granular exit counters: we
aren't accounting for SMCCC exits.

Fix this by adding a new statistic counter for SMCCC.

PSCI exits are already accounted inside psci_dispatch(), move SMCCC
accounting to the dispatcher routine handle_smc().

I suppose that is a fix for 7688e96c815ba2f7c713228ecdd75241bcb8102a -
or something around that?

Fixes: 7688e96c815b ("arm-common: Rework handling of SMC")

By the way, we currently use 32 bit types for statistics. We might want
to think of 64 bit types.

Let's say we have 100kexits/s, then we'll overflow in under 12 hours.

Well, we currently piggy-back on the hypercall return value for transporting the counter (which is actually 31 bit only). Would require "some" change to the JAILHOUSE_HC_CPU_GET_INFO ABI - or more frequent checks of the user how the counters behave.

Jan