On 31.10.18 17:25, minskey guo wrote:
On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 7:45:43 PM UTC+8, minskey guo wrote:
On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 3:19:52 PM UTC+8, J. Kiszka wrote:
On 29.10.18 18:05, minskey guo wrote:

     To enable Linux to running in non-root cell on NUC7i5D, I pass
console=ttyS0 to non-root cell linux. Everything is ok except that there is no
login prompt on serial port. at last, the console shows:

Do you also specify the uart parameter, e.g. the baudrate? I would not be able
to explain why the kernel should be fine without them and the login service not,
but it would be a worth a try. Otherwise, this looks systemd-specific, and I'm
not a guru in that. You can cross-check by booting the initrd we generate with
jailhouse-images.

I don't use initrd. The same kernel, rootfs, and kernel parameters can boot
into serial-console on bare mental.

since Jailhouse doesn't support RTC for non-root cell. How does the non-root
get wall clock ? via NTP or is there other ways ?   Not sure if it is the
timing that causes the issue.

The issue is caused by 8250 driver which always try to use interrupt if there
is IRQ for it. So, I have to force it to polling like this, now, non-root cell
can  boot up. And I can login onto the non-root cell.

Ah, right. But that should work when you assign IRQ 3 or 4 (depending on the channel) to the non-root cell. See configs/x86/linux-x86-demo.c. It does on the targets here at least.

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  4:         77   IO-APIC   4-edge      ttyS0

Jan