On 24.10.19 10:17, Chung-Fan Yang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I observed that the interrupt latency raise from 20us to 50us (measures
> in an RTOS) after I upgraded from v0.9 to v1.1.

Do you mean upgrading Jailhouse (and only that) from 0.9 to 0.11?

> I am working on x86_64, so I am suspecting CPU bug mitigations.
> I would like to ask that are there any CPU bugs mitigations in effect?
>
> However, I do find out that in Root Linux, the latency is almost the
> same, comparing the 2 versions.
>
> Are there any thing I should adjust my RTOS to adapt with?
>
> Does anyone has ideas of the source of such difference?
> Comments are welcome.

We refactored quite a bit between the two releases. Namely, 0.10 brought
per-cpu page tables.

You could first of try to narrow the reason down a bit: Do the exit
statistics look different for both versions? With Intel x86, you should
normally have no exit for an external or timer interrupt injection. From
that perspective, even 20 µs is too high. Try to identify the path that
causes the latency.

You could also try to bisect Jailhouse between the two versions, in
order to identify the causing commit. But that is only plan B I would say.

Jan