I also noticed this.
I am working on a Broadwell machine with 2.2Ghz of core frequency.

Jailhouse get set the cpu_khz in comm region with the frequency probed by
Linux during boot.
I got somthing like ~2.1997Ghz in that field.
The difference is so small that I don't have a good way to evaluate it.

It does sometimes make the process of maintain a proper systick frequency
in custom RTOS painful.

----
Yang