On 09/03/20 4:52 pm, 'Nikhil Devshatwar' via Jailhouse wrote:

On 09/03/20 4:39 pm, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 09.03.20 11:12, Nikhil Devshatwar wrote:
Hi Henning,

As part of the TI SDK, we were integrating the ivhsmem_uio as external module
from https://github.com/henning-schild-work/ivshmem-guest-code

Since the ivshmem changes in the Jailhouse, that driver no more works (because of the vendor ID change)
Do you plan to host the updated version of the driver in this repo?

I know that the driver is already part of the siemens repo but it is much simpler to integrate an external module in yocto.

Actually, that new driver is a complete rewrite, not just an ID update. It allows to securely pass access to unprivileged users and provides all features of the new ivshmem interface.

With this driver, I can get the uio device registered but when I run the uio_send and uio_read apps, I get mmap failure. Looking into more details, it seems that the new driver exposes specific input and output regions to UIO

Am I supposed to use a different app for testing the ivshmem?

Regards,
Nikhil D
Got it
For that, it requires to patch the kernel with [1]. But given that you have to patch your kernel anyway for other Jailhouse details and given that this is trivial in yocto, I don't get the point of having an external module package being easier.
Sure, I wasn't aware of this dependency.

Regards,
Nikhil D

Jan

[1] http://git.kiszka.org/?p=linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=651db1cf858dd7afef7ef98c7db86223c1f73a59;hp=2c523b344dfa65a3738e7039832044aa133c75fb

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jailhouse" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jailhouse-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:jailhouse-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jailhouse-dev/5e63fd55-8606-3046-a2cf-2ba8efc80203%40ti.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jailhouse-dev/5e63fd55-8606-3046-a2cf-2ba8efc80203%40ti.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.