On 25.03.22 16:11, 'johannes lex' via Jailhouse wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> i'm investigating the jailhouse hypervisor for a research project of an
> automotive company.
>
> As a first step, i want to set up the Jetson TX2 Board and add an inmate
> which toggels one GPIO Pin. I used the VM from the ERIKA V3
> (https://www.erika-enterprise.com/index.php/download/virtual-machines.html)
> as a base development platform.
> So far, Jailhouse is running and my configs seem to work.
>
> However, I can't access (not even read) the registers of the GPIO or any
> other peripheral which i assign to my cell, except the already
> configured UART.
> The cell config and assignment of the registers themself seems to work:
> i can, for example, read the register 0x02210890 from the Linux host
> before creating the cell. After creating the cell, a read attempt from
> the Linux host leads to a system crash.
> Unfortunately, i can't read that register from the inmate as well :/
>
> Do you have a clue why i can't read the register in my setup? I've
> attached my configs and the source code for the bare metal application
> of the inmate.
>
> Or do you have any examples in which you access the GPIOs (or other
> peripherals) of the Jetson TX2 from an inmate which you could share?

Already checked your configs for undesired overlaps (jailhouse config
check)?

Looking at the jetson-tx2-demo.c config you shared, the GPIO range is
exclusively assigned from the root cell to the non-root demo. So, any
further accesses from the Linux root cell should indeed trigger a
violation. But accesses from the demo cell must be possible. However,
I'm not seeing any violation reports regarding that cell.

Jan