Hi Rob,

I'm building the LCD interface project, and built this board:
http://code.google.com/p/jallib/source/browse/trunk/project/lcd_interface/serial_display_hd44780_1x16_pcb.pdf

So far so good, I have my board done, with all the components. Now I need to
connect it to the LCD, to the 1x16 connectors. My question is how do you
assemble the board (backpack) and the LCD ? Physically viewing how it's done
would really help me. I may completely misunderstand the whole thing :)

See this thread: http://www.crystalfontz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395

I'm trying to do something like this:
http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/Seetron/Test_Fit_b4_Tape.jpg (LCD is
below, backpack is above) or this:
http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/Seetron/BPK_b4_Solder.jpg  but as you
see, this usually requires a double-sided PCB, so connectors can be soldered
on the component sides (not on the copper sides, which would require to
solder "inner" the boards, very hard to do).

Seb

2009/7/12 Rob Hamerling <[email protected]>

>
>
> Hi Seb,
>
> Sebastien Lelong wrote:
>
> > Is there anyone who has a photo of how the jallib backpack gets connected
> to
> > the LCD ? I'm struggling a lot, and maybe I'm just doing this the wrong
> > way...
>
> What do you mean with 'backpack'? Background light, and PWM controlled??
> And do you want a schematic, or really a photograph of physical
> connection? I wonder what you would (want to) see!
>
> Regards, Rob.
>
> --
> Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)
>
> >
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to