Rob Hamerling wrote:
> I've updated the device files and blink samples. Probably the change
> with the most 'consequences' is 'pragma OSC'. All blink samples compile,
> so not everything will be broken, but I expect a lot of samples won't
> compile anymore ....
Well, after all it wasn't as bad as I expected! I made some changes in
the device files and now all samples compile without errors. But I'm
afraid it is far from perfect.
I have some trouble finding a method for the USB clock source when it
can be different from the microcontroller source. The descriptions in
the .dev files are not always very distinctive, and certainly not
consequent for all PICs.
Take the 18F4550 for example. The OSC description mentions with 'HS'
that the source clock for USB is HS. At first I thought I needed a
USB-suffix, but with HS as clock source for the microcontroller there is
no option to select anything else for the USB clock source (the
datasheet doesn't mention USB with HS). So I removed the USB suffix
again from the HS options of pragma fuse_def OSC. Since the USB samples
seem to use only HS these sample compile OK now. I think there will be
no need for another change (unless another PIC has different USB options
with HS!)
However when selecting the internal clock for the microprocessor it is
possible to select different sources for USB (INTHS, INTXT, INTIO
INTCKO). The device files do not contain all these different options and
have to be improved in this respect.
Seb: could you extract the oscillator sections from the datasheets such
as for the 18F4550 section 2.2? I could compare these with the .dev
files and improve my description->keyword mapping table.
If the keywords used in the datasheets are consistent over the PICs I
might be able to use the datasheet naming convention in the device files.
Regards, Rob.
--
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---