Hi Seb,

Sebastien Lelong wrote:

> I'd like to improve buildbot to make it build packages, once a week. 

Seems to me like an improvement, especially for cutting edge users who 
want to follow our progress closely without the 'hassle' of SVN.

> Weekly builds would have a special code name, so everybody knows that it's
> been auto-generated. I plan to name them: "jallib-bee-YYYYMMDD", because
> bees are hard worker... and it's also probably closed to some wordplays (at
> least in french...).

'bee' may rise confusion since there is already a bumblebee in the Jal 
community, why not simply 'week' or 'weekly'.
And in stead of YYYMMDD you might use YYWW (YY = last 2 digits of year, 
WW = weeknumber). Gives a nice sequence number.

> Classical release packages would still be created the same as now. I mean I
> don't think it's a good idea to pick a jallib-bee package and promoting it
> to a "classical" release package (version 0.4 for instance). "Classical"
> released packages must be manually tested and checked by humans.

I agree!

> Any suggestions ?

What would be the contents of the weekly builds? All of Jallib or only 
files which would be released in the next official release?

Regards, Rob.


-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to