Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

@Wayne: although it might be a bit difficult to learn, it is worth
while: Dutch is a very efficient language as you can see: in only a
few words everyting you need to know about PWM ;) ;)

@license - I go along with any license. The only thing which feels
unfair if it would be converted into a commercial product or it would
be extended and these extensions are not free to be used.

@tools. As announced, this document is written in word, since this
alows me to focus on the product, not on the tool. It is under svn
(but not jallib), but the bad thing is that subversion can't merge
versions. But I don't think the tool is a major issue here. Word does
pretty much what I need and the output is pdf. And if at a given time,
someone else wants to do a major upgrade, the text could be imported
in any tool, leaving only the markup to be redone. This is much less
effort then use a less-productive tool now.

And in general, I agree that although we started of as a migration
guide, it becomes more like an introduction. And there are still bits
to be aligned to this.
But the main issue is both explicit as implicit in all the messages.
My first goal was to make a small converion guide and this could well
be a small introduction guide. But small also means that there is a
lot not in there. Of course we could some hardware. And I agree that
it would be usefull to make a brief introduction on adc before go into
the details. And this still could be within a 'small' introduction
guide.
But as soon as it's there, there will be a need for more details on
<any subject>. And we could go this way and at some given point, we
will notice we wrote an extensive manual but also need a quickstart
guide (or small introduction guide).

Or to put it an other way: we go around in circles. There are realy
nice tutiorials of different topics on the blog. They are very usefull
if you are a bit up to speed with Jal and want to work on the topic at
hand. The complaint however was that people don't know how to start
(or to switch, when using Bert's starterpack). So one document with a
brief section the common topics in a logicas sequence could to the
job. And now we are at the point of expanding it to the depth of the
blog tutorials. We could, but then we are going to write a book ;)

What I like of the blog articles is that they are hands-on, complete
(hardware and software) and with nice pictures. This can only be
created and extended if they are independent of each other (since
dependency will become too complex to manage at some point). And this
independency is what makes it unsuitable for an introduction course.

You could of course adapt some articles and put them in some order on
the web (webbook?) This would then be a subset of the blog and some
(existing and new) articles won't fit in the structure.

We could also create a document as an 'umbrella', briefly covering all
topics and refer to other sources for more details. That's what I
tried with this document and we're about to discover if this could
work.

I'd be happy to extend this document a bit (especially if you can
contribute by sending me chapters ;). And for support, it might be a
good idea to create a few blog articles (like 'install jalllib +
jaledit & compile your first program', 'using an ICSP', 'using a
bootloader' and 'setup of a tutorial test system'). And ultimately, we
could have a detailled and in-depth blog on each subject in the guide.

Joep

PS I forsee that I won't have much time for this topic in the next
week, so no relpy does not mean I'm not interested ;)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to