>    I'm using a particular SPI device (SD card) which has a CS pin. Disabling
> the SPI device will force an open impedance on all SPI lines. As long the
> SPI and I2C are not used in the same time, remains the issues you have
> pointed at, which seems software maintainable.
> I hope I don't mistake here because I'm already working to the PCB.

Yes, this is true for SD Cards. The CS pin should be disabled on the
SD card before using the SPI port for anything else (in this case, the
MSSP port). If the sd card CS line is still active when sending via
I2C, the sd card may pick up some data. You could accidently write to
the SD card. Some SPI divices allow the CS line to be disabled during
a data transfer, such as sram_23k256.

As stated in the SD card lib, you must finnish your your sd card
transfer before changing the CS pin. So, this must be handled in your
code. Do sd_stop_read() before using MSSP for another purpose.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to