> But I felt like for doing nothing else than wasting time I wouldn't want to 
> pay by wasting code space. Especially if the "turbo" mode (without the for 
> loop) is implemented, the second version, at e.g. 40MHz, wastes another 512 
> words of code space.

I'll definitely put in the extra speed constant. I don't care about
the code space much since I am way below the 128k on my PIC. But for
real extra speed, the user will have to do the same within their code,
so double the space needed.

I'll put a separate constant for writing boost, so you can choose if
you want a read or write boost or both.

Currently, my project only requires reading. I'll add a pata write
sector procedure when I get a chance. FAT32 doesn't have much for
writing either.

> P.S.: Matt, I really like your pata_hd_sector_buffer'get function, it looks 
> far better than what I wrote :-)

Thanks, I guess you have more general experience with micro
controllers and I have more experience with JALv2. We make a good
team :) Thanks for your interest in my libs, and thanks for helping
out.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to